This short form is designed to encompass the empty hand aspect that have been learned in the Little Monkeys.
The student is to show that they are prepared and ready by how they hold themselves at the commencement of the form and at the end.
The sequence is:
- Step forward with the right leg and raise hands in a prepared position.
- Double palm
- Back leg Front kick using it to step forward
- Back leg Inside crescent using it to step forward into a sideways stance
- Turn shoulders and spin in same direction that your previous kick was moving in. Use it to move into a strong forward stance
- Back leg round house kick using it to then step forward
- Double palm
- Back leg steps up into neutral and hands move to the sides
1st staff form combination
The 1st staff form takes movements from staff and spear to create a different feeling form than what has so far been taught to the students.
-Right hand grips staff in a prepared position
- Left hand reaches over and grabs staff thumb down and lifts the staff onto the shoulders. While this is happening the right hand changes grip so that it goes from thumb up to thumb down
- When the staff is on the shoulders (make sure to not pull down) and the arms outstretched step forward with your right leg while arcing the right hand over and forward. Repeat on the left.
- Arc the right hand high this time and move your right foot so that it become parallel with the other and both feet face to the side - as though you're doing 4th trick stepping - and at the same time bring the staff over your head
- From this position roll the staff over and around to the left as your left leg steps behind you followed by your right foot
- Left leg then cross steps behind your right and you slide the right hand down to middle grip and stab upwards
- Using the left hand pull the staff back while your right hand remains there so that the staff slides through the right hand and pivot both feet while turning to the left so that
- You should now be in a low horse form, staff pointing to the ground and looking over your left shoulder with hands long on the staff
- Step forward with your right leg and as you do slide your right hand down to cause the staff to strike
- Let go of the right hand, twist the staff in the left and bring it around behind the back.
- Right hand reaches over right shoulder, grabs and pulls down, then the left takes it further and then the right finishes it and you should finish how you started
- Prepared position
2nd staff form combination
This staff piece has the more common feel of the Little Monkeys curriculum in that it is a joining of the various tricks with a few other pieces thrown in for transition.
- Start in prepared position & then with your right hand pop the staff up and catch at a 3rds grip moving your left hand to finish the grip
- Right leg steps forward 3rd trick then repeat with the left
- Step forward with the right leg and do 4th trick
- Cross the staff on the right and step forward. As you do wrap the staff around the tors0 taking it to the left side like 5th trick and right hand is palm up forming spear hands
- Step forward 6th trick
- Step forward 7th trick
- Step up and spin with the left leg so that you face the way you started. As you do roll the staff around your torso, switch hands and return to the start position.